Personal Information we collect
Personal Information is any information that allows the identification of an individual person and would include such things as an individual’s name, address, email address, and/or phone number, and may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.
When you purchase products, create an account on our Site or use a Service, You may provide Us with personal information such as:
- Contact information – your name, business name, shipping address and billing addresses, payment information, email address and phone numbers.
- Information stored in or associated with your SPS Account.
- The products and other information in your cart or contained in your order history.
- When you create an account, you are prompted to create a password. SPS maintains your password in an encrypted format inside our secure environment and only uses your information to welcome you back and to personalize your experience.
When you contact SPS, any time we contact you, or whenever you take part in any promotions, surveys or questionnaires from SPS, or whenever you post or speak with Us through social media, We may collect the following information:
- Personal data you provide anytime you contact Us;
- Details of the emails and other digital communications, including any links in them that you access, and whether you have opened the communications;
- Email headers, source IP information, sending email server hostnames and ISP information;
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
You are free to choose which information you want to provide to Us, or whether you want to provide Us with information at all. However, some information, such as your name, address, and payment information, is necessary to process your transaction. By not providing this information, you will not be able to use the Site, order products, or use some of Our services.
How we use your information
In general, Personal Information you submit to SPS is used either to respond to requests that you make, purchase processing, order fulfillment or to serve you better. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with the SPS newsletters, surveys, promotional emails and other marketing purposes, should You request and consent to receive such communications from Us.
Disclosure of personal information
We may share your Personal Information with the following third-party categories as an essential part of being able to provide you with the products and services that we offer you through the Site or Services:
- Our related companies.
- Companies and individuals that help us deliver our products to you, such as suppliers, logistics professionals, and delivery and freight companies.
- The service providers that help us run our business, such as marketing companies, software vendors and advertising partners.
- Companies approved by you, such as payment processors and card-issuing banks.
- Marketing analytics.
- Government and law enforcement agencies if necessary or requested by law.
- Analytics cookies. These cookies, including cookies from Google Analytics, allow us to measure, analyze and understand how our customers use the Site and to identify ways to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Functional cookies. These cookies deliver enhanced functionality, including a more personalized and relevant experience on our sites by identifying who you are and storing your activity. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all site features and services may not function properly.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies help us identify and retarget users who may be interested in our products, services or offerings both on our Site and on third-party websites. These cookies help us to tailor advertisements to better match your interests, manage the frequency with which you see an advertisement, and understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Social networking cookies. These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third-party social networking and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to the operation of the Site, Services and to fulfill your requests (e.g., to track what items you have placed into your cart or to access secure areas of the Site).
When you create an online account with SPS, visit our Site or subscribe to our newsletters, you may receive marketing communications from Us. You may unsubscribe from those marketing communications at any time, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each marketing email.
Please note that even if you choose not to receive marketing emails from us, you will still receive our transactional emails, such as messages related to your orders, updates or notifications about products you have purchased from us, or information about your account.
Upon request, SPS will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access and correct your personal information by logging in to your Account and updating your personal information. You may request deletion of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com, or by completing this form. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please note, this right is subject to certain exceptions, including if we need to comply with a legal obligation or complete a transaction for which we collected the information.
Please note that we will try to verify your identity via the email address or other information such as the phone number that is associated with your request before deleting your Account and your Personal Information. If another person makes this request on your behalf, please note that we will verify your identity and require them to prove that they have your written authorization to make the request on your behalf.
Security and retention
The security of your information is important to SPS. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Even though SPS has taken significant steps to ensure that your Personal Information is not intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, you should know that transmissions over the Internet are never guaranteed to be entirely secure or error-free. We shall not be liable in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by wrongful or improper use of personal data by a third party.
At all times you shall comply with safety standards, for instance by avoiding all non-authorized access to your account. You are solely responsible for the use of the Site on your computer, IP address and identification data, as well as for its confidentiality. We encourage you to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from SPS asking for your personal information. We will never request your personal information or password through email.
SPS will retain your Personal Information for as long as you have an account or as long as We need it to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. We may also keep some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud or abuse, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or for other permissible purposes.
California privacy laws
We also comply with California privacy laws, known as the California Consumer Privacy Act.
California residents have the right to request that SPS disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses or sells. SPS does not sell your personal information to third parties without your prior consent. California residents also have the right to request the deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by SPS. If you wish to make a request for information or to delete your account, or for any questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, if you exercise your rights consistent with the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you. We will treat you the same way as any other customer unless we cannot because the differences are related to the information itself.
Protection of children
This Site is not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18) and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have information about your child, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy rights or have a privacy questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
SPS Online LLC
Attention: Legal Department
PO Box 191
Milan, IL 61264
Last updated December 31, 2021